Saturday, March 22, 2014

Week 9


Week 9 3/14-3/20

How Big- Just over 10lbs

Clothing Size- 1-3 months. Size 1 in diapers now.

Sleeping- Great! He is sleeping at night in about 6 hour stretches. He had a little cold this week and was up more often this week during the night. He is still sleeping with us and we will start transitioning to the crib next weekend at night.

Movements- He loves kicking his feet and legs. This is his favorite part of the day. He also loves his kick and play piano now.

Milestones- Smiling often in his sleep, holding his head up all the time, and staying awake a lot more.

Hardest Moment- 2 hard times this week. First, I hated seeing my sweet boy sick. Pulls at your heart strings to know there is nothing out there you can do. He had some congestion and a cough. The colds have been awful this winter and we picked these germs up somewhere. Second, this was my first week back to work which means time for Sammy to be at daycare during the day. It was hard to leave him and I call and check on him often. I feel really good about where he is going. I do look at the time at work and think to myself what I think he may be doing at that moment based on our schedule together. I have his beautiful pictures on my work desk and when I miss him I will look at those and smile!

Best Moment- On Thursday night after we had dinner, Sammy was in his bounce chair and Frank went to join him on the floor. I went to wash the dishes and I looked over and saw the two of them interacting. Frank was talking to him (top secrete but I think they were discussing my birthday plans) and Sammy was staring at him so intently. Just staring at him, smiling, and laughing for almost a hour. I went upstairs and would peek down from the banister to see them both having such a great time. I left them to enjoy the moment. This was something Frank always envisioned doing with our children. I am glad he had one of his many moments he dreams of with Sammy.

Highlights- After a long work day, I go into the daycare and lay my eyes on him. I can’t wait to get him back in my arms! I look forward to the day down the road when he sees me come in the door and crawls or starts walking over to me with a big smile on his face. That will be one of cherished moments. I love this kid more then I can even begin to describe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment