Saturday, March 22, 2014

Week 8


Week 8 3/7-3/13

How big- I would bet about 9lbs now.

Clothing Size- 1-3 months. I did move up to size 1 in the diapers this week.

Sleeping- He is taking good naps in his nursery as long as he is not in the crib. I leave the rock and play that he sleeps in our room in and put it right next to the crib. He will take about a 2 hour nap in there now. At night he is sleeping from 10pm-4am when he gets up to eat. Then he will go back down until about 8am.

Movements- He rolls over on his side now. It is fun to watch him because he starts by kicking his legs high in the air to gain momentum and then rolls on his side. He isn’t a huge fan of tummy time but he is getting better now that he has good head control and can keep his head up to see things.

Milestones- This little guy LOVES to smile! I mean it is non stop during the day. He also has a new obsession with mirrors. His 2 activity mats that he has both have mirrors. He doesn’t pay one bit of attention to anything else on the mat but the mirror. We stand in the bathroom mirror in the morning and smile and giggle together.

Hardest Moment- When is this colicky period in the evening going to get better? It is already getting better but he is a completely different baby at night from 8-10pm then he is the rest of the day. Patience has been a virtue through this time.

Best Moment- I have 2 this week. When he wakes up in the morning and will smile and talk back and forth with me. I talk and he watches me, then I let him chat and make noises. We go back and forth with this for about 15 minutes every morning. The second is a reassuring mom moment. We had lots of visits with friends over the last week of my maternity leave. He would get cranky with other people holding him. Once he is back in my arms, it is great to see him calm down and notice me. This mom thing is paying off!

Highlights- I had the greatest weekend with just the 3 of us. It is what I have always dreamed of for many years. Out and about shopping, having fun, and have a happy baby to go with us. We even had our down time at home cuddling and playing with our little guy. He smiles at us, allows me to take pictures of the moments, and is just noticing US more and more each day. Insert heart melt <3 My weekends are something I am cherishing more and more as I prepare to return to work M-F next week. I want every weekend to be just like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment