Saturday, March 22, 2014

Week 7


Week 7 2/28-3/6

How big- 8lbs9oz on 2/25

Clothing Size- Size 1-3 months. Still not understanding Carter’s that they go from tiny newborn to double that size at 3-6 months.

Sleeping- Sammy is doing a great job sleeping at night so I honestly can’t complain. During the day he will fight naps and usually wins! We are working on the crib thing every day. 20 minutes one day, a hour the next. Making strides and I hope by the end of the month he will be in the crib at night.

Movements- He likes to keep his head held high and often picks his head up while I am holding him so he can see my face. He loves his ottoman kicking time and is on his activity mat kicking about 30 minutes a day now.

Milestones- the many faces of Sammy… the smiles, the smirks, and his pouty lip he gives me. I can’t help it, I could stare at him waiting for his face to change all day long. I hope to react quick enough soon to catch it on camera. On 2/28 at his early morning feeding and snuggle time with me at 4am, he had a smile that went from ear to ear that lasted about 30 seconds.

Hardest moment- Gas pains and constipation. My poor baby, I just want to snap my fingers and have him feeling better. We have been using gas drops, gripe water, warm baths, warm cloths to his stomach, bicycle legs, and bouncing. We are going to try some different holds to keep him in during this time. He wants to be in our arms at all times which makes for a very unproductive day for me.  I am praying this pain moves quickly and we are back to him feeling better soon.

Best Moment- Our bath times have become our great moment. Frank and I both give him his baths and we have it down where most of the time he won’t even cry. It takes some time but I move very slowly and calmly to get the bath done and he loves it. He falls asleep and gets this look on his face that is now coined the Sammy Spa look, which is an expression of pure and utter relaxation and bliss.

Highlights- Just watching this little man grow. I can’t believe how much he has changed over the last month. He is gaining personality now and that makes me so excited for our future together with him. Right now he is chatty like his mom but can be very stubborn, finicky, and funny just like his dad. Every day is a new day with Sam and he has something new and exciting to surprise us with daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment