Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 6


Week 6 2/21-2/27

How big- At his pediatrician check up on 2/24, Sam the Man weighs in at a whopping 8lbs9oz and 21in.

Clothing Size- Newborn size is a bit snug so most of what he is wearing now is 1-3 months. Off on a tangent here but why does Carters go from Newborn to size 3-6 months in their pants. I prefer the sizing of Gap Baby now.  I am watching the sales to know when to shop there.

Eating- every 3.5 hours                                  

Sleeping- Sammy has decided he is too cool for naps! I do lay him down in his crib for at least some quiet and chill out time. He goes to bed about 10pm and is up for the day by 8am. He gets up 3x to eat. I am going to work on making him a mobile this week to entice him to be in the crib more.

Movements- Kicking around , using his activity mat in about 15 minute stretches, and he loves laying in mom and dad’s bed looking at the ceiling, the fan moving, and he has a second new BFF- a new light in the bedroom. It will never be the light in the living room though.

Milestones- this little boy is going to be a chatter like his mommy. He is constantly making noises, cooing, and often has smirks on his face. He loves kicking to music and is getting better about following toys with his eyes. If I snap his fingers, he will move his head and eyes in the direction of the snapping. He is spending about 15 minutes a day on his activity mat watching the lights and noises that we put on for him. He still isn’t digging his kick and play piano but there is plenty of time for that.

 Hardest Moment- Transitioning to the crib. Sam is not digging it and wants no part of sleeping in there. He is so tiny in that big crib and I know that can be scary to a baby.  I swaddle him up and even if it is 10 minutes a day for a nap with him in the crib before he starts crying, we attempted it for that day. We had one afternoon a few weeks ago that he was in there sleeping for almost 3 hours. I need to remember every last detail of that day so we have a repeat of that! I did say before he was born that one of my goals was to have him sleeping at night in his crib before I go back to work. I don’t think we are going to get there in 2 weeks and that is ok. I am not going to stop trying and working at it every day in the meantime.

Best Moment- All of last weekend. It was just the 3 of us all weekend long.  We ran errands, shopped, went out to eat, and then met Aunt Manda and Uncle J on Sunday afternoon. It was great spending time all together, just the 3 of us together the entire weekend long.

Highlights- I was driving home from taking Sammy to visit Nana and Tata which is about a 25 minute drive. The entire time we were driving home, Sammy was having the time of his life. He was "talking", cooing, and making noises that I turned the radio down very low (god forbid I turn it off because this little guy would freak out, he LOVES his music) just to listen to it the whole way home. I can't believe how much he is changing every day. I was excited to get home, put out the activity mat, and make noises together. Rest assured, he fell asleep in the last few minutes so we had to play and make noises at each other the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment