Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 5


Week 5- 2/14- 2/20

How big- No current weight. I would guess just over 8lbs.

Clothing Size- newborn. He is starting to bust out of his newborn sweat pants that he loves to wear from Carter’s. I picked him up a new set this weekend. A few other newborn outfits they are pretty snug.

Eating- About every 3.5-4 hours.

Sleeping- At night he will sleep in about 4 hour stretches. He will get up twice during the night to eat but goes right to sleep after. This week it started a new trend with sleeping (or lack of thereof) that he naps about a hour at most all day.

Movements- Sammy is moving a lot more now. He loves to move to the beat of music. One of his favorite places to move around at is on the ottoman while he looks at the lights if they are on. He moves so much that his entire body will move and he will move from one end of the mat to the other.

Milestones- His eyelashes are starting to come in. Sammy will also follow your fingers snapping with his eyes. He will also follow toys and lights with his eyes. His hand to eye coordination is getting advanced! Then when we went to go visit Dad at work, he had a short belly laugh while sleeping in daddy’s arms as we were discussing his best friend the living room light. He stares and watches that light for hours a day. He is going to hate me one day for all the teasing we give him about the light.

Hardest Moment- I had one day where he didn’t want to sleep and was fussy the entire day. I started doubting myself as a mom and I had my own Mommy meltdown that day when Frank got home to listen. I have a hard time (as every parent does) when their child is upset and crying inconsolably.

Best Moment- Going to visit Daddy at work. He was so proud to show us off to everyone. Sammy was so well behaved and let all the ladies hold him while being a perfect angel the whole time! We also visited my work this week to prepare me to go back in a few weeks. Again, he was a perfect angel for everyone!

Highlights- Sammy is one month old on Valentine’s Day!  Sammy’s first Valentine’s Day and he wore his Valentine’s Day onsie which was the cutest! We took some 1 month old pictures this week. One of them that I had on my phone was so cute! He was looking up and out the window. Couldn’t help but think that he was watching his brother Frankie out the window. Great Mom moment right there! Mom and Dad also went out on our first date since Sammy’s arrival while Nonna and Papa were here visiting. He was perfect for them and we had such a wonderful date. The date was so appreciated and I really needed to connect with my husband for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment