Monday, May 26, 2014

Weel 14


Week 14 4/18-4/24

How Big- at least 12.5lbs. Can’t wait for the weigh in next week at the Dr’s office.

Clothing Size- Same

Sleeping- Doing great still! Although my sleeping in 3-4 hour stretches every night is starting to make me very tired, I am not even going to complain about that. Having children means that your nights of sleeping without a wakeup are done for about the next 18 years! I am ok with this!

Movements- Summersault is so close to happening. Head control for him is great and we carry him facing outwards around the house now so he can control his head on his own and see everything around him going on. He hates being carried any other way but forward facing.

Milestones- HAPPY EASTER!! Sammy went on his first road trip. He did really well for the most part in the car. We were happy to bring him to Erie to visit Frank’s family. Sammy had some cranky periods while we were there that took him awhile to get out of. Meeting all the new people and being in places that he doesn’t recognize was hard on him but we wouldn’t have had it any other way. The entire Cirillo family was so great to us and the love that was shown to Sammy was amazing.

Hardest Moment- I am having a hard time letting go of my baby. The second I hear him crying or I notice that he needs something; I want to go running to him to do it. It has been hard but I need to make a conscious effort to try to open up to allowing Frank to help more. Part of me always wants Sammy to always need me. I know he will but other people can help him as well. There is no award at the end for Wonder Mom that is given to the moms who do everything. I need to stop pretending that there is and not be afraid to ask for help.

Best Moment- Sammy’s personality just keeps coming out. He smiles so easily now and there are a few statements that you can say or moves that you can do for him that make him laugh and smile. Now that he is able to laugh and smile, I feel that is an indication that he truly is a happy baby. I questioned if he was a happy baby for so long because of his reflux concerns and colicky periods.

Highlights- Sammy’s first big holiday was a success. He was spoiled to death and of course by mom and dad, Nonna, Papa, and Aunt Mo. I am looking forward to when he can understand holidays and get excited for them. Seeing children have fun on the holidays is the best part of any holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment