Monday, May 26, 2014

Week 18


Week 18 5/23-5/29

How Big- I am going to have to accept that my Bug will not be gaining weight very quickly. He is 11.4 lbs.

Size- 3-6 months and a mix of size 1 or size 2 diapers

Sleeping- Bug is a great sleeper! This makes me very happy. He still gets up 1-2 times a night but we that is nothing anymore. I get up and not even think about it. Plus Bug is very snuggly at night and loves to cuddle with me after eating. That more then makes up for the lack of sleep getting my middle of the night cuddles.

Movements- When is he not moving! He kicks his feet, rolls side to side, and is always moving his hands like crazy in the air. Bug has always loved the bathtub and now he loves it more. Mom and Dad get a bath too with all the water that is splashed!

Milestones- The thumb sucking, the happiness and peace this baby has once you put music on, great head control, and his constant alertness. Every day is a new day and is better then the last.

Hardest Moment- My hardest moment for this week is my constant concern with Sammy, his weight. It takes a lot but we have come to the conclusion that I can’t stress about his weight. He is eating well, not spitting up as much anymore, and I can tell his stomach has done a complete 180 from where it was 8 weeks ago with the reflux that we were competing against. My tall and thin Bug he will always be!

Best Moment- When I went into daycare to pick him up this past Wednesday and I got a smile that was seen from across the room. Best part, I knew it was for me! In over 2 months of picking him up, I don’t think he realized I was his mom and it always took him several moments to realize it was me. Having him recognize me, smile, and be so content in my arms was one of my proudest mom moments yet.

Highlight- Happy Memorial Day! We had a great weekend with friends, family, and as a family with the 3 of us. It is important for me to always tell Sammy the importance of holidays. To celebrate Memorial Day, we took him to a parade to pay our respects to a few of the millions of Veterans that have fought for us. To be able to explain this to him year after year the importance of this day, I want him to know that this was something that was explained from the very beginning.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment